Cycle Lane Enforcement
Effective enforcement of mandatory cycle lanes
The Civil Enforcement of Parking Contraventions (England) General (Amendment) Regulations 2020 that came into force on 22nd June 2020 allow mandatory cycle lanes to be enforced by an approved device. This amendment gives councils in England new powers to use CCTV to issue penalty charge notices to drivers who park or load illegally in these cycle lanes, putting cyclists at risk of a serious accident.
Videalert’s hosted solution is DfT Manufacturer Certified and eliminates the need for councils to procure and deploy any equipment within local IT infrastructures or install software on local PCs for evidence pack review. It also enables councils to enforce cycle lanes at the same time as the full range of moving traffic contraventions, clean air and low emission zones and keep clears outside schools without needing a major infrastructure project.
- Supports analogue or digital megapixel cameras
- Single redeployable server (RDS) unit supports up to 5 separate enforcement locations
- Redeployable as locations achieve compliance
- Options for attended and unattended camera operation
- Communications through fibre, fixed or Wi-Fi LAN, 3G/4G WAN data links
- Integration with all PCN processing systems including Imperial, Conduent, Civica, Chipside and WSP
- Hosted Solutions - click here