Clean Air Zones
Automating the management and enforcement of CAZ and LEZ contraventions
Videalert's digital platform solution provides cost effective management and enforcement to reduce pollution from toxic gases, including nitrogen dioxide which is estimated to cause the premature deaths of 40,000-50,000 people each year.
Real-time identification of vehicles is provided including make, model, colour, gross weight, engine type, Euro rating and CO² emission band. This enables the system to automatically determine whether an offence has been committed and/or whether the correct tariff has been paid for entry into the restricted zone. To minimise bandwidth requirements, these checks are carried out prior to evidence files being sent to the back office system for issuing PCNs.
The Videalert system also captures real-time intelligence to determine the extent of contraventions in any target location.
- Supports analogue or digital megapixel cameras
- Single redeployable server (RDS) unit supports up to 5 separate enforcement locations
- Redeployable as locations achieve compliance
- Communications through fibre, fixed or Wi-Fi LAN, 3G/4G WAN data links
- Integration with all PCN processing systems including ICES, Conduent, Civica, Chipside and WSP
- Hosted Solutions - read more
Air Quality Monitoring Sensor
The system can be further enhanced with an air quality monitoring sensor that utilises Videalert’s existing infrastructure to transmit data. Featuring integrated gas (CO² and NO²) and particulate matter sensors (PM1.0, PM2.5, PM4, PM10 and PM100), it provides real-time data to determine poor air quality and take the appropriate actions.
By combining enforcement cameras with AQ sensors, councils can, for the first time, validate improvements in driver compliance with improved air quality.